Friday, December 19, 2008

Stampendous Dove/Peace - 2 takes




On the first card, I stamped the Dove white on light blue cardstock. It was pretty faint but I liked the look of it. I then stamped the word Peace in red along with the heart. I used Martha Stewart snowflake punches (2 different ones), added a rhinestone for the eye and voila!


For the 2nd card, I stamped the dove in white again but this time on darker blue cardstock so it stood out more. Of course I smudged it (darn pigment ink!) but my normal instinct to throw it away and start over went away and I improvised. I drew over the outline with a white puff paint pen, let it dry and embossed it. I used the same snowflake punches but punched them in red to stand out and used a white pen to draw a little dot in the centers. A rhinestone eye and some stickles finished it up!

I really do like how they both came out. I couldn't decide which one I liked better... and why should I??? Hope you like them too!

No comments: