Sunday, November 27, 2011

Halloween... a tad late!

Hey! It's me... LATE as usual. LOL But my mom always said "Better late, than never", right? :P We had a freak snowstorm on October 29th that made us lose power for 3 1/2 days and postponed our Halloween here in NH. I took this picture early on in the storm, but I loved how the crisp white snow looked against the bright orange pumpkins!!!



They cancelled trick-or-treating on the actual holiday, 10/31. Then we somehow ended up missing the rescheduled date for our own town so we headed over to a friends' neighborhood on Sunday, 11/6 to bring the kids out. Here are my babies, Buzz Lightyear and my little Piglet.



I had actually made some Halloween cards BEFORE Halloween, but never posted them. Imagine that!!! HAHA This first one is my FAVE, but I did end up tweaking it a little and forgot to take a picture before I mailed it off to my cousin Lisa, who I always used to watch The Wizard of Oz with when we were kids. All I did was switch one of the witches from another card and used the one I had colored green instead. Can you believe that I actually forgot to write inside the card when I sent to her? I was so mad when she left me a message about it on Facebook. What an airhead!!! In fairness, I *was* without power and at a friends' writing out the cards. I thought I'd double checked them all, but apparently I missed one. LOL I punched out the butterflies on black paper and used the negative space to add a pop of color with some twine. I used mandarin and lilac from The Twinery. It was kind of a pain to do, but I love the effect. The "Little Witch" stamp is one of MFT's Pure Innocence stamps. I was so upset when my whole stamp set went missing after making a few cards with it. Low and behold, I found it stuck to a bunch of my Nestabilities at a scrapbooking retreat I went to last weekend. I think I screamed in joy! LOL I really thought my daughter had swiped it, threw it in the garbage and it was gone for good. What a relief!!! I also found 3 of my Christmas Unity sets that went missing YEARS ago while packing for my retreat. Whoot!!! Anyways! I finished the card with a flower and one of the punched out butterflies and added the orange pearls down the center. I just LOVE how it came out!!!



This is the card I swapped the green witch out from. It looked MUCH better with the two little white girls. ;)

For my friend, Melissa:



For my friend, Melanie:



For my mom:

No comments: