Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Our Craft Lounge Swingin' By



It's been a little bit since I've posted any cards. That's because it's been a while since I've made any!!! LOL My mom came over this past weekend and while she was cleaning up some old e-mails from her laptop, I brought up some of my supplies and made a few cards. I was browsing some blogs several weeks ago and came across this card. I immediately went to check out the stamp set and bought it since it was just TOO cute. The card linked in this post was actually made my the girl who designed the stamp set. Her name is Debbie and she has some great artwork over on her blog. You should check her out! I made two cards with this set but for both I used a striped piece of patterned paper by October Afternoon (who I LOVE by the way!). I made one card vertical and one card horizontal just to see how different I could make them (dif layout, dif swing, dif sentiment, one tree is cut out, one isn't, etc.). On the vertical one, you can't tell in the picture but I popped up the owl on the swing and the bird up in the tree. I also added some stickles to some of the leaves and stapled a little piece of ribbon up in the corner. In the vertical version, I cut the clouds freehand out of some white velvet paper and stamped the sentiment directly on there! I was so happy that worked or I would've been cursing!!! That one's pretty basic but it's cute none the less... at least I think so :) Thanks for "swingin' by"!!! hehe

3 comments:

Debbie Corbari said...

Oh...My...GOODNESS! I am FLOORED Vanessa! These cards are ADORABLE!! Thank you SO much! I'm so glad you let me know these were here! YOU ROCK!

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

I love this one too!!! great colors! very fun!!! TFS!!
Mandy

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so pretty! I love trees and tire swings! Great colors, too!