Thursday, May 17, 2012

Scrap weekend at my place!

Back in March, I had a scrap weekend at my house. My mom was nice enough to take my little ones and I ended up with 6 girls (including myself) for the weekend. I didn't get a whole lot done, but I had FUN and that's all that ever really matters to me. I wish we could do this more often!!! I bought 6 5-6 foot tables so everyone would have their own space and then everyone pitched in towards that cost and food. $40 for the weekend I thought was a SWEET deal, don't you? :) These were the girls one night.
I used some Glitz papers on this card, some beautiful flowers from I Am Roses that I received in a RAK and an older metal embellishment from American Crafts.
I can't believe I actually SCRAPPED something!!! I've been doing cards over scrapbooking for a long time now and I really missed it. I used Echo Park papers for this layout with some matching stickers. Super easy, but CUTE! These were my kids last Spring/Summer. I'm WAY behind... even further than that. By years! LOL
I used MFT's - PI and the Pinwheel for this card. I paper pieced her clothes and made the pinwheel 3 dimensional by cutting a 3/4 inch square and folding the pieces inward. I used a little gem for the center. Easy enough! :)
And, MFT's - Blowing Bubbles for this one! I paper pieced her clothes (as usual! HA) and used glossy accents on the bubbles to make them look more bubble-ish. LOL I put some washi tape on a piece of paper then die cut the clouds.

No comments: