Thursday, May 17, 2012

YAY meee!!! HAHA

Well, I think that's a record... and not in a good way!!! LOL My poor neglected blog. I hadn't posted anything in over 4 months, but when I received a message on Facebook the other day, it was totally the kick in the butt I needed. I'll get to that in a minute. I have been so preoccupied with my daughter for these past few months (you can read more about that on the last SEVERAL posts that I just put up) that I really hadn't even THOUGHT about my blog. I have also kind of shifted gears and been posting videos on YouTube. There's more interaction with people and I'm more of a "talker" than a writer anyhow. I'm enjoying that a lot!!! In case you want to check me out there, my channel is 77ButterflyLuv. Hope to hear from you! :) Also, if you have a channel, please let me know where to find you! So about that message I received... It was from the blog coordinator of Fancy Pants Designs telling me that one of the Pocket Chicks wanted to use one of MYYY cards for her inspiration and they needed my consent for it to be featured on their blog. How freakin' exciting is that?!?! I won't lie, I was bouncing up and down on the couch. LOL I have only ever submitted one card ever for publication which {obviously} didn't get picked up and while I realize this is not the same thing, it is super exciting to me. Sometimes you want a little reassurance that your "work" is good and I tend to be very critical of my stuff so it was really nice to hear that someone on their DT "LOVES" my card that I posted on their FB wall several months ago. I hadn't thought anything of it since so to get this message was a total SHOCK! And, BONUS that they're sending me some free goodies. Whoot! Looking forward to see what this designer (not sure who it is) comes up with tomorrow! I haven't been crafting TOO much, but I did make a couple of cards the other day and wanted to share. I'm super happy with how they both came out. For the 1st one, I used DCWV's Snapshot Stack. I also used a couple of the Studio Calico wood veneer pieces.
They're the perfect pair, aren't they? :) (inside)
For this card, I used a piece of chevron paper and some tiny little polaroid die cuts that I made using a Quickutz die I recently bought. I used more of the Studio Calico wood veneer people, making these singles meet and become a couple! hehe I used word and letter stickers to write "You & Me... let's see what developes." I just thought that was the cutest saying and YES, I thought of it myself. I'm so clever sometimes. :P
I just kept it simple and used some washi tape on the inside.
I will try to be better about keeping my blog updated. Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Congratulations on your very exciting news and it's great to see your blog with life : ) Keep it coming!

Ashley Newell said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards! They are fabulous! Great idea for the polaroids!

Heather Lynn said...

that is some super cool news to get!! love both of your cards!adorable and fun designs! i am happy to be your newest follower!

hugs,
hl

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOOOOOORAY for you!!! That's fabulous news---keep it up:)

Great cards--LOVE that you decorated the inside! I never ever do! Must try that sometime! You inspire me:) <3