Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Harvest - MTSC37


Hello! Look at me posting two days in a row!!! Whoot, whoot. Go me!!! HAHA I made this card this morning for a challenge I saw over on my new friend Jessica's blog. She designed this adorable set called Butterfly Wishes for The Greeting Farm and I've had no moula to buy it so I decided to participate in this challenge in hopes to win it. WISH ME LUCK!!! The challenge is actually hosted by Mercy and you can view everyone else's submissions through her blog. This is the second ever challenge I've participated in so I'm no pro BUT I am happy with how the card turned out. I decided to use this Hampton Art - Autumn is in the Air stamp set I picked up A.C. Moore last weekend while I was down "south". It felt fall-like just like the weather we've been having here in NH.... which I love by the way!!! This little squirrel is so cute! The background paper is called Autumn Plaid in the Shades of Autumn Collection by Reminisce and the solid colors are Bazzill. I stamped the sentiment on some twill ribbon and added the extra little acorn with an orange brad. I'm glad I used this set before it went into my box of stamps that have never been inked! LOL My friend, Melissa, had given me a gift card for hosting a scrapbooking weekend last month so I was able to pick up a few things. Wasn't that so sweet and thoughtful of her? Thanks, Mellie!!!

Here's the sketch we had to use for the challenge...

5 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card.

Bonnie said...

Oh very sweet!! Love that little squirrel and good luck in winning Jess's awesome set!

take a little piece of my art said...

This card is so cute and FALLISH, too!! Good luck!!

Unknown said...

vanessa...this is so wonderful! love the little squirrel and acorns...great fall card! so glad you decided to join us!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week, and i hope to see you again next week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

suzARTe said...

this is a really cute card, I love the colours you have used. Great to see all your new creations