Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's *almost* Halloween!

I hope everyone's enjoying my favorite season... FALL!!! It seems the leaves just barely start changing and then it's over!!! I actually heard a rumor that NH might actually see snowflakes later this week. I'm not quite ready for THAT yet!

My hubby and I actually got to go to a Halloween party this past weekend. Thanks again to mom for watching the little ones. I was out at Walmart with the kids and tried on this mask, but Andrew didn't approve! LOL



We ended up dressing up as pirates which we did about 5 or 6 years ago. I couldn't think of anything clever and I didn't want to spend a lot of money to wear something once. As it turns out, we didn't take any pictures so it worked out ok! HAHA Now I'm onto my NEXT costume dilemma. My 3 year old wanted to be Buzz Lightyear and I had friend who kindly lent me the costume, but now he's changed his mind and INSISTS {persistently} that he is being the Big Bad Wolf. I have bid (and LOST) two auctions on ebay and his school party is the day after tomorrow. I've convinced him to be Buzz for his class party and will hopefully pull off a small miracle and get the wolf costume by Monday. I'm just not sure HOW I'm gonna make that happen. Cross your fingers for me!!!

So I made these cards a few weeks ago, but figured I'd wait until closer to Halloween to post them. Hope you like 'em!!!



For this card I used some Halloween papers by American Crafts. I used the stars for the "sky", the pumpkins for the "ground" and stamped the fence in grey along the border to further separate them. I LOVE this tree from the CTMH set which I cannot think of the name of right now. :P I'll have to insert that later. LOL Those little ghosts are by Making Memories and I love those little guys.



I was really pleased with how this one came out for it being so "simple" to make. I embossed some kraft cardstock with an embossing folder. The brushed some black chalk over the embossed image, colored the skeletons in with a with a white gel pen, the crowns with a dark purple gelly roll pen and stamped the sentiment in the middle. DONE! :)

I hope everyone has a HAPPY HALLOWEEN and you get way more TREATS than tricks!!! Though I really need to lay off the treats. HAHAHA

No comments: