Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Swimming for Katie

A few weeks ago, I {heart} Papers released some very special stamps trying to raise money for a fellow stamping friend, Katie Renz, who was diagnosed with stage 4 gastric cancer and is battling this nasty disease. Katie used to sell CTMH a while back while I was also selling it so I'd known her (or at least her name) for a while. Katie has 3 small boys and her story is truly heartbreaking!!! You can read her story on her blog. All proceeds from the sale of these stamps go directly to Katie and her family so how could you NOT buy it? I know I couldn't resist! Another stamping friend, Ashley Nguyen Newell, decided to have a giveaway through her own blog so the card I made is being entered for that and also to send to Katie directly. Jenny Suchin (love her!!!) was also kind enough to collect donations for flowers to send to Katie and I was happy to pitch in. It's really nice to know that people you've never even met truly care and will do what they can even from afar. I've been a part of some great and generous things lately and it makes me so very happy. You never know what you can do to brighten someone's day and I sure hope we've done that for Katie, even for just a moment. {{{Hugs}}}

No comments: